Today I thought I’d start a new category: Minute Meals! I’ll be cataloging quick and easy meals that come in handy when you’re in a rush and don’t have time to cook. I’m usually lacking in the time department when it comes to mornings (damn my ability to sleep through an alarm), and so I decided to start with a quick and easy breakfast recipe. It is the most important meal of the day, after all.
I’m not sure how many people know this, I didn’t at first anyway, but you can actually make cream of rice in about 4 minutes in the microwave. This is a great option for a hot breakfast that is also gluten free and high in iron. It also doesn’t hurt that a box of cream of rice is only a few dollars for 9 servings. Cream of wheat is another option with roughly the same nutritional values, although obviously it is not gluten free. I’ve never noticed much of a difference between the two, but many people will say they prefer cream of wheat because it has a little more texture to it.
Both cereals don’t have much flavor on their own, which means you can add whatever you like and it will be delicious! I like to melt a little butter in to it and sweeten with some brown sugar, although you can use anything you like (honey, maple syrup, etc). You can also top with any fruit of your choosing; I went with the classic combination of strawberries and bananas. If you want to add an extra crunch you could even add slivered almonds or candied pecans. Although, be warned that if you top with something candied you might not need the sugar!
Do you guys have any go-to minute meals?
Have a great day!
I’ve noticed that there is generally a lack of “Foto” posts on FFF, mostly because it’s hard to come up with original images that don’t overlap with Food or Fashion. When I started the blog I thought that the Foto category would be great for travel, but since you don’t get to do much of that when you work full time, I thought I would start posting some images I’ve snapped in my day-to-day life. I really like photography and curating images (and sometimes jokes to go with the images) and so Instagram is kind of my jam when it comes to social media. The single images with a optional caption are kind of like micro-blogging, don’t do think? Anyway, I don’t feel like each one is worthy of its own post, so I’m testing out doing a weekly roundup of images from my Instagram (@beckyfmartin) that do not appear in any other blog posts. What do you guys think? Should I keep doing this?
Have a great weekend!
I’ve been nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”! I want to thank Petite and Pretty for the nomination =)
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add their link to your blog
2. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers
5. Contact your nominees and provide a link to your post
6. Display the award logo on your blog, whether on your sidebar or about page, or special award page
Here are seven facts about me:
1. I love making lists, even if it’s for simple things that in no way require a list for me to keep track of them. I mostly just like getting to cross things off of lists.
2. I tend to not wear makeup, even if I should.
3. I’ve been known to keep a bar of chocolate next to my bed. It has become so common recently that I’ve started referring to it as my “bed chocolate”.
4. I’m constantly going back and forth between “I need to cut down my wardrobe to only quality essentials that I can wear everyday” and “I need one of everything in every color available”.
5. I’m obsessed with budgeting.
6. I’d like to start my own business some day.
7. I was nominated for the Liebster Award twice, but never got around to posting about it because I don’t usually like talking about myself as opposed to fashion and recipes. Oops =/ Sorry, guys.
I’d like to nominate:
4. Julia Linn
11. Bonne Vivante
12. HAZ Style
13. Style Rarebit
Thanks everyone for reading! Have a great day!
I just wanted to wish you all a happy Valentine’s Day! Even though the weather was not cooperating I was still able to enjoy all the fresh flowers everywhere and go out to a nice dinner. Snow or no snow, I love a good excuse to get dressed up! I didn’t take many photos but I’ll have to do an outfit post for what I wore and another on the restaurant where I had dinner, so stay tuned for those. What did you do for Valentine’s Day?