Hello, everyone! I hope you are all having a good holiday season =) I’ve been quiet on the blogging front recently, but that’s because, like many people, the holidays are crazy hectic both at work and at home. I’ve also been spending a lot of my free time on a separate project that you’ll hear more about soon (although, if you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen a few sneak peeks on my story already).
When life gets really chaotic, I like to make sure I take some extra time over the weekend to food prep for the upcoming week. It’s great to have your meals for the week all set up and ready to go, so you don’t have to open the fridge and realize you have nothing to eat and no time to make anything. Breakfast is probably the easiest meal to accidentally skip due to a time crunch, so I thought I’d share a recipe for some paleo banana bread that I’ve been loving lately. A loaf is enough for a week’s worth of breakfasts, and it satisfies your sweet tooth too (especially when you add some chocolate hazelnut butter and fresh berries).
Paleo Banana Bread
4 ripe bananas
1/2 cup of almond butter
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a hand mixer, blender, or food processor to combine the bananas, eggs, nut butter, and coconut oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the bread can be removed cleanly.
- Flip pan to transfer bread to a cooling rack or plate, let cool.
- Slice and serve. I like spreading some Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter on it and washing it down with a glass of almond milk =)
Enjoy your paleo banana bread!