I’ve never been one for dieting or strict eating plans, but after last year it became obvious that there was something I was eating that my face did not appreciate. I suspect it’s gluten or dairy (or, god forbid, both) and so I’ve been laying off those food groups when I can. The problem with that is, I can’t usually lay off for anything like an extended period of time. Life just gets in the way: my office orders lunch for everyone, my Mom makes dinner for the family, there’s a new asian barbecue place down the street from my apartment… the list goes on. Cheese is everywhere and it is mocking me. So, in an attempt to finally identify what it is that my skin reacts to, I’ve jumped on the January bandwagon this month and I’m attempting to do the Whole 30 challenge. So far it’s been more like the Whole 14/16, but more on that in another blog post.
For now I thought I’d share a quick breakfast bowl recipe with you that’s extremely easy and a Whole 30/Paleo friendly way to satisfy a hot bowl of oatmeal craving.
OG Fashion Food Fotos readers may remember a blog post I did a while ago on 3 ingredient banana pancakes. Well, it turns out you really only need 2 of those ingredients, and you can scramble them instead of making a pancake.
Yup, you just need a banana and 2 eggs for this breakfast, plus whatever it is you want to put on top, obviously. I went with unsweetened coconut flakes, almonds, and blueberries, but you can also drizzle in nut butters and use other fruits. Whatever you like!
Banana Scramble Breakfast Bowl
- 1 ripe Banana
- 2 eggs
- coconut oil
- toppings of your choosing
- Mash the banana in a small bowl with a fork. You want it to get pretty goopy, but a few lumps are still perfectly fine.
- Add the eggs to the banana and whisk with your fork, as if you were preparing scrambled eggs, until the eggs and banana are fully mixed.
- Melt some coconut oil over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the banana and egg mixture and scramble, stirring occasionally until the mixture is cooked through. You’ll be able to tell because it won’t be runny anymore.
- Serve immediately in a bowl with your desired toppings.